Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thanks to Pinterest for D I Y Glitter

I may be a little behind times, but recently I’ve found the website Pinterest and let’s just say I find it to be awesome.  There are so many ideas and pictures that I find myself staring at.  I’ve found myself loosing track of time while exploring this website, and I’m not even upset about it.    Maybe it’s because I’m crafty and a married woman, but I love all the ideas that I’m coming across.  Its one thing to like to do crafts and keep a tidy house, but it’s a whole different story when there is a website that has other creative ideas from women that like to do the same. My latest thing that I’ve come across and have tried was DIY glitter.  Since in our house we love to do crafts and make things sparkle, this idea was one I had to try.  The idea sounded to simple to be true and so few ingredients, I was thinking there is no way that this will work.  Therefore I had to try it & see for myself.

Salt, Food Coloring, and Zip Lock Bags

Poured Salt into Zip Lock Bags & Add Drops of Food Color

Mix really good and add more food color if you want a darker color

Place in Oven @ 375 for about 10 minutes
(You are only drying out the salt)

Finished product after drying out

 To be honest, I can't wait to try this out on a craft project.  Granted your hands will have to be completly dry when using it, but it sure did turn out pretty.  When my Girly Girl and I try it out, I'll let you know how it works.

P.S. The cream cheese sausage balls that I made for New Year's Eve came from Pinterest also.

No comments:

Post a Comment