Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Just Add Water…


I have found liquid gold, better known as veggie and fruit smoothies.  Last November for my birthday I asked for a NutriBullet, to some that may be a weird request.  Don’t get me wrong, I love purses and cute girly things, but I had other things in mind.  As a woman I feel as though I get bogged down and get into ruts sometimes, and therefore it starts making me feel bad about myself.  I need to drop a good amount of weight but with that I also am looking to feel better along the way.  Netflix was what put it in my mind to start with; I watched a movie called “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.” 
 
It was life changing, though I knew for long term effects I could not go full blast like he did.  For it to be something that I looked forward to more less something that I say I enjoy, I had to do it my way.  With that said, after watching the movie twice, and making my kitchen blender smoke, along with watching an info commercial late one night, I wanted to get started on a healthier me.  The info commercial was where I found out about NutriBullet and it has been a staple in my life for the last several months. 
 
Granted I have used it more sometimes than others, but on a regular basis I have three smoothies a week.  Though the other night it hit me, why not prep and freeze so they are ready to go.  That way I wouldn’t have a reason not to drink one and I wouldn’t have a bag of kale going bad before I got around to using all of it.  After getting my supplies and spending about 45 minutes this morning, I now have a bowl of happiness waiting on me in my freezer.  The bowl holds 11 bags of veggie and fruit smoothies and the only thing I need to do is…grab a bag, add water, and enjoy!!
 


Veggie and Fruit Smoothie

1 cup of kale

1 green apple

1 whole carrot

1 stalk of celery

Dash of lemon juice

Whole flax seed (a generous amount)

Water

There are several different recipes out there; this is just the one I went with this time.  I can’t wait till in the morning when I can just open up my freezer and enjoy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment