Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer 2012


To keep it short, I have finally put my money where my mouth is.  Maybe I should say I’ve finally stopped wishing & started working.  It’s one thing to want something so bad and it’s a total different thing to actually do the work that is required to reach it.  I’ve started walking for a purpose, and it’s to get healthy. In the past three days I’ve walked a total of 14.4 miles, which is a lot but I can do even more.  It’s been a while since I’ve walked like this but now I’m even more serious and you know what they say about a woman that has made up her mind.  The jump start that I needed was that I am starting a challenge for the month of July.  That challenge requires me to walk, jog, run, or bike for a total 100 miles from July 1st to the 31st. I wanted to get a head start of working my way up to being able to walk that many miles, and I have surprised myself and pushed further than I thought I could walk.  Now knowing that I have actually gotten up off the couch and have walked over 14 miles in three days, I know I can.  That in itself gives me motivation and hope that I can do what I set my mind to.  Can’t wait to see what the rest of this month & July brings.  Happy Summer 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment