Monday, June 25, 2012

24.3 Miles


Happy Monday, the last Monday in the month of June, wow time is flying.  I’m waking up early & getting moving, which is leading to me accomplishing my short term goals.  Knowing that my challenge is just days away, I’m pushing forward and giving it my best shot.  As of this morning after I walked another five miles, I’ve walked a total of 24.3 miles in 5 days.  To say the least, that’s amazing even if I have to say so.  Right now I’m averaging 19 minutes a mile, which is okay but I’m a little disappointed in myself.  When I say I’m disappointed I only mean in the sense that I would have thought I’d not take as long to walk a mile.  Granted I know that the more I walk, the faster I’ll get.  A longer term goal for me is to be able to jog the whole time or even work up to being able to run the distance.  Though as of today I know that is a good ways in the future, but I am aiming for it. I’m super excited to see what’s to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment